The other day’s article gave you an introduction to why tiles can develop hollow drums. Today’s article tells you how to solve the problem. Today’s article shows you how to solve the problem and provides you with ways to prevent it from happening.
Ⅰ.Solutions for tile bulging
1.Large tile bulging
The number of more, it is recommended to remove the entire resurfacing! Otherwise individual handling is very troublesome!
2. Single tile arching in small areas.
a. First saw the joints between the arched tiles and the unarched tiles with a cutter
b. Lift the tiles up, but be gentle. Otherwise, it is easy to cause the tiles to break, and the colour will not match well later.
c.Dispose of all the cement mortar stuck to the tiles.
d. Deal with the cement layer under the tiles, shave off 1~2 cm and clean it up. Apply an even layer of mixed cement mortar to the tiles. If white cement is used, 108 glue can be added. This way, the cement and the tiles are more firmly bonded to each other.
e. Repave the cleaned tiles and flatten them. After the cement has dried, reinforce it with caulk to prevent the tiles from arching.
Ⅱ.How to prevent tiles from appearing hollow drums?
1.Avoid excessive water absorption of tiles
Whatever the surface of the tiles, the most important thing is the water absorption rate of the tiles. Check the method is to drop water on the back of the tile, to see how quickly the water disperses after the infiltration. -Generally speaking, the slower the water absorption, the greater the density of the tile, the better the quality.
2.To avoid the back of the tile pattern is too shallow
In order to fit tightly with the wall, the back of the tile will generally design the pattern. The deeper the pattern, the better the adhesion of the cement layer of the tile, the better the local shedding will not easily fall off the whole block.
3. Paving tiles need to deal with the grass-roots level
To avoid tile drums, the first tile paving walls, ground level must be clean. Be sure to remove all kinds of dirt on the wall, and a day in advance to water wet grass-roots level, the humidity control at 30-70.
4. Grasp the tile draught time
The so-called tile draught is to put the tiles in advance in water soaked for a period of time, generally in about 2 hours, the actual operation can be based on the degree of dense tile specific analysis.
5.Set aside enough expansion joints
In general, the size of the seam should be around 1-1.5mm, not less than 1mm. Air nails can be used as a reference. Antique tiles generally have a slightly wider gap, generally 3-5mm, and the exterior wall culture tiles of balconies generally have a gap of about 5mm.
Ⅲ.The advantages of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose used in tile adhesives by Landcel.
Improves the adhesion of the tile sealer to the tile edge.
– Improves the flexibility and deformability of the caulk.
– Gives the caulk excellent hydrophobicity and improves water and stain resistance.
– Reduces the production of salt stains
– Significantly improves water retention, inhibiting significant water loss to highly absorbent tiles and substrates, allowing sufficient water for the cement to be used for hardening conditions, increased bond strength and further improved slip resistance of the mortar.
– The excellent open time and adjustable time allows workers to adjust for incorrect ceramic placement.
– Whether applied thick or thin, it creates good bond strength, reduces shrinkage and does not cause tiles to crack or peel under stress.
– The mortar is highly malleable and flexible, making construction easier and more efficient.
Landcel HPMC can be used on different materials such as tiles, mosaics, marble and other materials.
– Joints in floor and wall tiles.
– Cement-based caulks
– Joints between porcelain polished tiles or non-porcelain polished tiles
– Indoor and outdoor use
We welcome enquiries from all over the world and will customise our hydroxypropyl methylcellulose used in tile adhesives addition products to suit your needs.