Six steps to self-levelling cement flooring practices.
The self-levelling cement range of products differs in construction process due to different models, different base floors and different uses. This article only describes the general process of self levelling cement construction, please refer to the construction process and specific requirements of each manufacturer for specific products.
Requirements for the base floor: concrete floors with a strength of C20 or above.
Requirements for the construction environment: construction temperature should preferably be above 10°C, avoid construction below 5°C.
Excessively humid environments are not suitable for construction.
1. Base ground treatment: first use a grinder to roughly grind the base ground to remove loose material.
2. application of special interface agent (not all emulsions can be used as interface agents).
3. prepare the slurry: add water precisely according to the manufacturer’s regulations, the amount of water blended is different for different types of self-levelling cement and it is recommended to use an electronic scale for weighing.
4. Mixing: mix well with a special mixer for self-levelling cement, with a continuous mixing time of 2-3 minutes (different products, mixing time varies).
5. Flow promotion and thickness setting: pour the mixed slurry onto the construction surface according to the construction requirements and use the construction scraper to promote flow and thickness setting.
6. Defoaming: use the defoaming roller to eliminate air bubbles and height differences.
Landcel’s HPMC can be used in all types of customised self-levelling applications, with a comprehensive pre and post-sales service. We can solve your problems in a timely manner.