Re-dispersible polymer powder:
1. Re-dispersible polymer powder products are water-soluble redispersible powders. It is a copolymer of ethylene and vinyl acetate, with polyvinyl alcohol as a protective colloid.
2. VAE Re-dispersible Polymer powder has film-forming properties. The 50% aqueous solution forms an emulsion, which forms a plastic-like film after 24 hours on the glass.
3. The formed film has certain flexibility and water resistance. It can reach the national standard.
4. Re-dispersible polymer powder has high performance: it has high bonding ability, unique performance and outstanding waterproof performance. Good bonding strength, endows mortar with excellent alkali resistance. In addition to improving the adhesion, flexural strength, plasticity, wear resistance and construction of mortar, it has stronger flexibility in anti-cracking mortar.
1. Resin rubber powder is a new type of product modifier for rubber, resin, high molecular polymer, and finely ground rubber powder.
2. Resin rubber powder has general durability, abrasion resistance, and poor dispersion. Some feel flocculent (it should be a porous material like sepiolite), and some are white powder (but have a pungent smell similar to kerosene).
3. Some resin powders are corrosive to the board, and waterproofing is not ideal.
4. The weather resistance and water resistance of resin rubber powder are lower than those of latex powder. Weather resistance is a big issue, and it doesn’t take long for it to evaporate in the sun. Even if it is not in the sun, the bonding interface will decompose faster due to the cavity construction
5. Resin rubber powder does not have moldability, let alone flexibility. According to the testing standards for external thermal insulation mortar of external walls, only the damage rate of polystyrene boards meets the standard. Other indicators are not up to standard.
6. Resin rubber powder can only be used to bond polystyrene boards, not vitrified beads and fireproof boards.
This shows that the development of the external wall insulation industry still needs to unswervingly promote the use of Re-dispersible Polymer powder. Vigorously support the policy of external wall insulation on the quality control of raw materials. And advocate quality first and long-term development.