Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can be used as a food additive. Many people worry that the cellulose will be harmful to health. If you have such concerns, there is no need. Cellulose does no harm to the human body. But we need to know that if hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is sprinkled in the air, it will cause environmental pollution, so we should pay attention not to pollute the living environment when using it normally. Let’s take a look at the precautions for configuring the product into a solution.
Precautions when preparing hydroxypropyl methylcellulose solution
1. Products without surface treatment (except hydroxypropyl methylcellulose) should not be directly dissolved in cold water.
2. It should be slowly sieved into the mixing container, and the bulk product should not be directly added to the mixing container.
3. The temperature and pH of the water are obviously related to the dissolution of the product, so special attention should be paid.
4. Do not add some alkaline substances into the mixture before the product powder is soaked. The ph value can be raised only after the product powder is wetted, which is helpful for dissolution.
5. Add antifungal agent as soon as possible.
6. When using high-viscosity products, the weight concentration of the mother liquor of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose should not exceed 2.5%-3%, otherwise the mother liquor will be difficult to handle.
These are the precautions for preparing solutions with hydroxypropyl methylcellulose. Operators should take protective measures during operation to avoid splashing the solution on the body and causing unnecessary consequences.
Do not contact with fire sources, flammable and explosive materials and other dangerous items to avoid unnecessary losses caused by explosions.
Store in a dark, dry place.
Landcel’s hydroxypropyl methylcellulose has good solubility and is suitable for various construction additives.