Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose (HEMC) Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose is a kind of non-ionic polymer, which is made by adding methyl chloride or ethylene oxide to refined cotton under alkaline environment and introducing methoxy and hydroxyethyl into the molecular chain of cellulose It’s a white or white-like powder, easy to dissolve in cold water but not in hot water. The solution presents strong pseudoplasticity and provides high shear viscosity.
White or off-white powder
Viscosity range (2%,Brookfield)
Viscosity range (1%, NDJ)
100% pass 80 mesh
Landcel HEMC has excellent water retention, thickening, dispersion and mildew resistance. Its water retention performance is stronger than Methyl cellulose It’s viscosity stability, dispersion and anti-mold performance is better than HEC. It is mainly used as dispersant, adhesive protective colloid, thickener and stabilizer in coatings, building materials and daily cosmetics.
Together with our unrivalled product portfolio, strong R&D capability and technical support, we are able to supply all of our partners not only high-performance, more sustainable and more cost-effective construction chemicals, but also, formulation expertise and professional solutions to ensure their continued success in a very demanding and ever-changing industry.
The main application
1. Cement-based plaster: It has good thixotropy and ease of use, so that the mortar has pumpability. At the same time, it improves the anti-flowing ability and high water retention, and prolongs the working time of the mortar, which helps the mortar to form high mechanical strength during the solidification period
2.Gypsum plaster and gypsum products: as a binder, with thixotropic and retarding properties, can improve the spread-ability and extend the operation time. It has water retention property, so that the slurry will not crack due to drying too fast after app l i cation, and the strength after hardening is enhanced
3. The masonry mortar enhances the adhesion to the masonry surface and enhances the water retention, so that the strength of the mortar can be improved. Improve lubricity and plasticity to improve construction performance
4, sheet joint filler: has excel lent water retention, lubricity, high shrinkage resistance and crack resistance, providing a smooth and uniform texture for the material, making the joint surface more adhesive
5. ceramic manufacturing: widely used as a binder in the manufacture of ceramic products.
6. Self-leveling floor material: enhances fluidity and pumpability, thereby improving the efficiency of paving the ground and controlling water retention, thereby greatly reducing cracking and shrinkage
7. Extrusion forming concrete sheet: Enhance the process-ability of extruded products, with high bonding strength and lubricity. Improve wet strength and adhesion strength after extrusion of the board.
We are one of the largest manufacturers of cellulose ether in China. We welcome your enquiries.